Saturday, August 24, 2013

Blog Assignment #1

Dream Big "

"If You Built A School, What Would It Be Like?

Taking in Krissy Venosdale’s blog Venspired and also her post, If I Built A School. I came to realize she is a teacher in which I would like to become one day. Her excitement and enthusiastic ways of teaching would not only help my students learn, but would teach them to WANT to learn. Krissy is an elementary educator whose passion is teaching and creating a classroom environment that to the child is the most exciting place on earth. Every day to her is about building connections and making every moment count. Using this blog to try and entertain my thoughts on how I wish my classroom could be like I can also take Sugata Mitra video to another level. In his video he talks about technology in the classroom. How his wish was to be able to give every child a personal computer device of some sort. He tells how children not only find technology and learning exciting, but shows how they can manage learning on their own with the rite equipment.

If I had my wish of building a school and teaching I would be teaching Middle School, Physical Education. Even in my field of teaching, technology could be used to not only excite kids into learning skills they need, but also teach them how to enjoy being physically healthy. I want my students to know that being physical fit is very important in their life. I believe healthy people are happy people. I want my kids to be able to have access to the recourses to learn how to play sports and where, learn work outs, even find their favorite music to dance too. Of course in physical education more physical activity will be used than technology. But my methods will evolve into using technology in the classroom. Example: on rainy days I want to bring a big screen projector inside the gym and play up beat music and even play a dance video of zumba. I’d like to use videos on proper ways to kick a soccer ball, or even how to serve a volleyball. Tools are so very important, hopefully in my time of teaching I will be able to use so many to show how physical education can be fun and exciting. The learning environment for teaching is so important. An upbeat classroom with fun and exciting activities will get kids motivated and PUMPED! I want noise and happiness in my classroom. I’m lucky to be able to teach a subject that we can be loud and exciting. So using technology in my field will only approve healthy living kids. "

"

1 comment:

  1. "... could be like I can also take Sugata Mitra video..." Yo need a period after like. Mitra's, not Mitra

    " How his wish was to be able to give every child a personal computer device of some sort." That was his wish? I don't recall hearing him say that! Where in the video did you hear that?

    "...with the rite equipment." right, not rite

    "...access to the recourses to learn how to play sports ..." I think you mean resources, not recourses


    ReplyDelete