Wednesday, September 11, 2013

C4T#1

Using Spare Minutes Constructively

By: Frank Buck
August 23, 2013


This post really talks and emphasizes on time management. He really talks about using your spare moments in life for the good, or constructively. Any time Frank Buck is in between tasks or just has spare time during his day he always finds a way to read something. Whether he reads a book, magazine, article, or even writing a new post for his blog, he finds a way to read something. He says “Nothing beats chunks of time. When life breaks those chunks into tiny fragments, choosing the right tasks can turn “dribs and drabs of time” into productive minutes.” What I think he means by that is making every minute in your life count. Making every spare moment you have worth something will only help to strive to do your best. Wasting time is pretty much wasting your life away. Why would you just sit there and waste your life away when you can read and learn. There is always something to learn from everyday in every way.


My comment to his post:
A clack saying time is precious

Mr. Frank Buck,
My name is Laura Hamilton, and this fall I’m taking a class called EDM 310, www.edm310.blogspot.com at the University of South Alabama. This class is very important in the field I’m going into, Physical Education, and Sports Management. This class will help me learn how to evolve technology into the classroom today. I have been assigned to your blog for a few assignments for my own personal blog this fall, www.hamiltonlauraedm310.blogspot.com.
After reading your post Using Spare Minutes Constructively, I have come to realize a lot of my minutes in life are wasted. Looking back on my day to day, I can count on two hands when I had time to spare and I did nothing with them constructively. So from here on out I am going to try and take your post as advice, and change my “chunks” of time. Maybe by picking up a book, magazine, or I hope class notes and reading, I will strive to find my “chunks” of time full. Thank you for this post. I really enjoyed it!



Productivity is Not Just for Adults
Productivity

By: Frank Buck
SEPTEMBER 11, 2013


This second post I read by Frank Buck was about organization not only being helpful for adults but also children. He actually talks a little about early childhood development in organization skills reflecting on adulthood organization skills. He says “Organization is a gift we can give young people that will benefit them long after their school days are behind them”. To me this means organization is not only a helpful tool but it is also a life skill. The first step Mr. Buck talks about is using a tool, an everyday thing we can all learn to do, writing things down. He says by writing things down and having one place to record them, is the single most important step for a person to start getting organized. Not only by using journals, planners and notepads, we can bring technology into the picture. Smartphone’s are a fantastic organization tool used today. As educators we want students to acquire skills in which are relevant for later in life. And organization can be the biggest simplest tool to acquire.

My comment to his post:

Dinosaur saying he gets stuff done

Mr. Frank Buck,
My name is Laura Hamilton, and this fall I’m taking a class called EDM 310, www.edm310.blogspot.com at the University of South Alabama. This class is very important in the field I’m going into, Physical Education, and Sports Management. This class will help me learn how to evolve technology into the classroom today. I have been assigned to your blog for a few assignments for my own personal blog this fall, www.hamiltonlauraedm310.blogspot.com.
After reading Productivity is Not Just for Adults, I have realized that I was lucky enough to be taught as young child Organization skills. Little did I know this, but being told to write down my to do list, my homework list, or even what I wanted for Christmas list, helped me evolve into an organized young adult. I truly believe that by teaching children at an early age life skills that we can help them evolve into productive adults. And the most important step and even the first step in getting organized is writing things down, and having reminders. I am very interest in using technology today in the schools to show and teach children how to use technology to help them stay organized. Everyone in today’s society has cell phones, mainly smart phones. So we know students will more than likely been around and have access to some technology device. This technology is in their day to day lives so it will be relevant to them, which will make them more intrigued to learn new things. Great Post this week!

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    Great reviews of the posts that you read. I think this exchange illustrates the power of blogging: you can expand your network in a way no other tool we have has ever done. Listen to this interview between Tom Peters and Seth Godin. Pay special attention to Tom Peters at right about 1:00 into the video. http://youtu.be/livzJTIWlmY

    ReplyDelete