Monday, September 30, 2013

September C4K Summary

Ann
This I Believe

         Students had to state what they believed in and give a personal experience that went along with the belief. My student was Ann, and her blogs name was “I believe in trusting”. She talked about trusting her brother more anyone else in the world. She goes on to say how he is always there for her and she can tell him anything without him telling everyone her secrets. Even when a boy hurt her and made her cry, her big brother was there ready to solve the problem. She had two really great quotes in her post. My favorite one was “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want but it won’t go anywhere,” –Jasmine Guy. She had a few grammatical errors but all in all it was a very sweet and truthful blog post. I told her that:

         I really enjoyed your post! You are so very lucky to have a big brother you can count on. I am an only child, so the closest thing I have to siblings are cousins. But even being an only child I find trusting people to be very important. Everyone needs someone they can count on and talk to about our life’s problems. There are a few grammatical errors in your post which you can think about before your next post. Example being your closing sentence, “This i believe because you have to have trust in something.!” Make sure you capitalize all your “I”. Also you could maybe word it like this “I believe in this quote because you have to trust in something.” But all in all, great post!




Safiya
What is your favorite TV show?

         Mrs. Lieschkes 5th grade class in Australia, had to make a blog post on what their favorite TV show was. My students name was Safiya, and she has many favorite TV shows. She had a trouble narrowing the top ten down, but her favorite included: With Boys, MI HIGH, Spider Man, and Iron Man. She had few grammatical errors including the spelling of “favorite”. But all in all it was a very good post. I told him that:

         I really enjoyed your blog post! Spider Man happens to be one of my favorite movies as well. My favorite shows though are quite different from yours. This is probably because I live in a town called Mobile, Alabama, USA. See we are very far away from each other, but even being that far away I too have watched Iron Man. Did you know that they are coming out with an Iron Man 3? I’m super excited to go see it in the movie theaters. You had a few grammatical or spelling errors in your post, including the word “favorite”. Make sure you use a spell checker to help you proof read your blogs before posting. I always use Microsoft Word to help me. But really good post this week! I really like how your font is pink. My favorite color!




Lorenzo
Word Search

         Miss Ouano’s class at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ was my third C4K comment assignment. My student was Lorenzo who was in 5th grade, Room 14. This week on his blog post he decided to make a word search and his friend Maroroa would try and solve it. I told him that:

         You have an awesome Blog Post going! I really like this word search. Word searches can be a fun way of learning new words and new vocabulary. Just make sure you remember to make complete sentences, with periods and capitalization. But great job! Keep blogging!




Lauren
The American Dream

          Mike Gwaltney’s class blog is kept by student-authors and their teacher. The posts on this blog are part of an ongoing assignment in their fully online AP U.S. & Comparative Government & Politics course at the Online School for Girls. Students post reflection pieces on a rotating basis, with one author posting each weekday. Students also occasionally post to the blog for project assignments. My student is Lauren and her blog is called The American Dream. Lauren talks about her thoughts of the American Dream. She says that maybe the American dream is to be a leader, a champion, a protector of natural rights. She then goes on to say that in other countries, being a leader is dangerous within certain societies. The people should not live in fear of persecution for rising to positions of leadership. She references that any U.S. history class in constant and nothing changes; that the goals of our government remain the same and constant. She believes the United States pioneered this idea of giving a voice to the people, an idea which countless countries have long since worked to achieve. She also believes that the reason that our democratic society is so functional is because we are not all passionate historians who aspire to be politicians and carry out beloved principles. It is our individual desires that make our democratic society a success because these desires motivate us to challenge ideas and become great artists, scientists, or writers. I told her that:

         I very much enjoyed reading this blog assignment by you! It has been one of the best so far that I have been assigned to. I am not sure if it’s just the material you’re talking about or your personal writing, but this blog is very inspirational in my opinion. I loved the fact that you used a U.S. history class as a reference to our society. Because it is constant and the problems, concerns, and goals of our government remain the same. Keep the Blogs going!


No comments:

Post a Comment